Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Framelit Box For Eggs


Of course I'm talking chocolate eggs.  Is there another kind ;)  You might remember this post I did a few weeks ago.  Well I had a few extra eggs from that package, 5 to be exact and I wanted to package them beautifully for gifts.  As much as I LOVE that window sheet box I wasn't going to make 5 more of them.  They're lovely but window sheets are hard to work with, plus I didn't have enough window sheets.  So I started thinking of other boxes......
Then I remembered one that I adored that Sam from Pootles did.  So I went back and found it.  I loved the idea but it was quite a bit larger than I needed.  So I did some math-yes kids you will use math when you grow up.  Here's a funny story, I hated geometry.  HATED it!!  All the shapes, dimensions, blah, blah, blah.  Now algebra I loved geometry not so much.  After I finished my year of geometry in high school I was done with it.  Even said to my friends-"That's it no more geometry for the rest of my life, I'll never have a job that I'll need to use it!"..........well here I am.......geometry every day......15 year old me sure didn't know very much.
Ok, back to the project!  How quickly I can get off track. Anyway the box that Sam completed is about 3x3 when completed.  I needed one that was about 1.5x2.  So I started there, I figured out how big the box inside needed to be, finished 1.5x2.  Once that was done I could figure out which framelits to use.  I used the oval ones mostly because it's Easter and they look like eggs :)  Because this box is a rectangle I had to used 2 different sizes of framelits, one size for the shorter end and one size for the longer end.  Isn't the little chocolate egg so cute in there!!!
Make sure you watch Sam's video for how to assemble.  I'll give my dimensions, assembly is exactly the same.  Here comes the geometry.  The cardstock for the box inside is 4x3.5 score at 1 inch on all 4 sides.  The ovals are from the Oval Framelits, I used the 2nd and 3rd smallest ovals.  The smaller ones for the short ends of the box and the larger for the larger end of the box.  I scored each oval at .5 inches on one side to glue to the bottom. 
This box is small and fits right in your hand.  Isn't is so sweet!!!  I'm going to have a hard time giving these up.  I love the DSP that I used too.  I know I've said it, but since I'm halfway through my 3rd package and will need to order more AGAIN, I thought I'd say it again-the Fresh Prints DSP is my FAVORITE!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!  The tag is done with the Eggstra Spectacular Set.  I used markers to color the image then I punched it out with the XL Oval.  I hope you love this box as much as I do! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: