Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Best Gift Card Holder

I've been making different versions of this specific gift card holder for years.  It's my go to gift card holder of choice.  I've shown it a couple times on my blog before here and here.  It's such a versatile gift card holder.  This one was made for Megan's teacher in her zoo class.  She took a class once a week for 12 weeks at the zoo/aquarium.  We learned about lots of animals, fish and plants.  It's a great program.  Logan did it for a couple years.  Megan did it in the fall now again in the Spring.  She'll be back for the fall session too.  If you're local and have toddlers it's such a fun class for them.  I used Coastal Cabana and yes you guessed it the Fresh Prints DSP stack.
Other times when I've made this gift card holder I've used velcro or magnets to hold it closed, this time I went with a tie close with some of our Candy Dots and Candy Dot Brad Bases.  The gift card is hidden inside.  This is a great gift for teachers, end of the school year is coming up quick!  It would make a beautiful gift card at a shower (baby or bridal).  It's the BEST gift card holder.  The design is from Heather Summers from one of her online classes years ago-probably pre Megan :) 
I've never shared the instructions.  Probably because it's not easy to describe, but I will try.  The complicated part is the folding.  I've tried to explain that as best I could.  Please let me know if you have questions.  I would recommend folding it and making sure it works before you add any glue.  I ALWAYS, even after making so many of them, I always fold it wrong and have to go back and refold it.  Just play with it and once you figure it out you'll be set forever :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!


No comments: