Friday, August 8, 2014

Watercolored Snowflake


I have a fun card for you today, this was my demo at the meeting last night.  I LOVE this card!!  I saw this technique somewhere, on Pintrest? You Tube?  Somewhere, but I can't seem to locate the card I saw it on.  I'll keep looking, if I run across it, I'll make sure to post it.  I don't even know what the technique is called.  I'm going to try to talk you through it.  Before that though, some of you have requested tutorials on some of my cards.  Especially this rainbow one that was posted a few weeks ago.  I want you to know that I have heard you, and I'm looking into ways to do that, either PDF's or videos.  Both of which take time, of which is running low right now. I'm hoping that once the kids are back in school (next week!!!) I can sit down and figure it all out.  I'm not promising anything, but if something does happen to work out, you'll be the first to know :) Back to the card. 
The magic of this card is that the snowflake is stamped and embossed in black, yet it's watercolored too????!  Magic????  Here's how I did it.  I stamped the snowflake first in Coastal Cabana on Watercolor paper-that's key, use Watercolor Paper!!!  Then I gently spritz it with water until the colors were gently spreading.  I grabbed my heat tool and dried it quickly before they spread more.  Then I stamped directly on top of the previous snowflake, this time in Night Of Navy and spritz it again, letting the colors run, and drying it with my heat tool.  Finally I stamped in Versa Mark and embossed in Black.  You're left with a beautiful embossed, watercolored image. 
You can do this with ANY line image stamp!  This set, Endless Wishes (it's in the Holiday Catalog by the way!!!!) happens to be in Photopoymer which makes lining it up easy!  If you're using rubber, make sure you use your Stamp A Ma Jig.  For this to work the images have to be perfectly lined up.  I wanted to make sure that I stamped it exactly the same every single time.  So instead of rotating it to find the right angle.  I mounted my stamp, then put a piece of washi tape along the top of the block, this way I knew that the washi tape always goes on top, perfect placement every single time!  I hope these tips help!  Next week you're in for a treat!!  I have a week of Blendablities planned and I'm partnering with my friend and fellow demonstrator Kim!  You'll get double the ideas and projects!!!  I'm so excited.  Don't miss next week!! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: