Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Grateful For Feathers


There's a lot, A LOT, of sets in the Holiday that I'm loving, this one, Four Feathers, is my current favorite!!!  The feathers are so fun to play with, and if you're hopping around Stampin' Up! blogs or if you're on Pintrest chances are you've seen at least a handful of cards using this set, probably even more!  This card is super simple, it would be great in a class.  I stamped 3 of the feathers in each of the colors Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss.  Then I stamped the greeting, from For All Things, in Versa mark and embossed it in gold. 
To bring out more of the gold I stapled some sequins to the top of the card.  Here's a trick to keep those sequins from falling off once you cut them.  If you have this spool of gold sequin ribbon you know what I'm talking about.  Use your Crystal Effects and put a small dot on the thread and the last sequin.  When the Crystal Effects dries, nothing is moving!  Plus it dries clear and shiny so you'll never know it's there!  I added some Blackberry Bliss ribbon just to finish things off.  Finally I thought it needed a little more shine so I sprayed it gently with some Vanilla Smooch Spritz.  Done!!  So pretty!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: