Thursday, November 13, 2014

12 Weeks Til Christmas Countdown: Week 7


These weeks are flying by!  Today's fun Christmas project is one that you can easily make for anyone on your shopping list.  I helped Michelle make these mugs for her Winter Wonderland Craft Weekend.  We did it in one afternoon and made 25 of them!  I love them, but I love all things that sparkle!!  Michelle added the sweet straws (from a past Paper Pumpkin kit by the way!). 
They were made in the same way that I made these wine glasses for our meeting last week.  Don't you just love them!!!!!  We got the mugs from IKEA, a BIG thanks to Lori, and Jennifer and her husband John for picking up all 25!  But you can use any much you have around your house.
We masked off the top with some painters tape, you could also use Washi Tape. Then we put a nice layer of Mod Podge over the bottom.  Covered in glitter.  Dry and repeat, Mod Podge and glitter.  We used Dazzling Diamonds for these.  Make sure to remove your tape before the first layer of Mod Podge dries.  You don't want to stick that to your much :)   
They're so pretty aren't they!!!!?!?!  I do love them!!  Wouldn't they make a great gift filled with some candy and maybe a Starbucks gift card?  I think that would be a wonderful gift!! Or fill with some nice pens or markers? 
So here's what started this whole mug project.  I made this one months ago, and texted a picture to Michelle.  She loved it and we went with the glitter mug plan.  She wanted them to match her color scheme for the weekend though so we went with Dazzling Diamonds glitter instead of the gold. 
Some tips: I LOVE both mugs, I think the gold one was a little easier and quicker.  I only did one layer of glitter.  The gold glitter is bigger than the super fine Dazzling Diamonds so it covered better with only one application.  The Dazzling Diamonds we felt needed 2 layers.  Make sure you do at least one top coats of Mod Podge once your glitter layer is dry, that will ensure that it stays put.  I did 2 layers.  You can wash them, but gently and hand wash only.
Remember to join me next week for week 8. If you've missed the past weeks click the links below.
Week 4
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: