Monday, November 17, 2014

Bloomin' Art


Aren't these just the cutest little art masterpieces!?!?!  I wish I could take credit for this uber adorable idea, but I CASED this idea from Martha, she's wayyyyyyyyy talented!  I love all her work!  I knew for weeks and weeks prior to the craft weekend that I wanted to make these.  I searched everywhere for the little canvas and easel.  EVERY-WHERE!  In Martha's blog post she said she got them at the dollar store, I hit 4 dollar stores and even had Dan hit one.  None.  I went to 3 'big box' craft stores.  I finally found them at the 3rd one, Joanns.  They were on sale too!  I got a ton of them!!!  They're 3x3 inches, and just adorable!!  Now that I was set with those for the weekend I was happy! 
Even though I took my entire stash of canvas and easels I only ended up making 2.  I want to make more though.  This was the first one I made with the Calypso Coral Blendabilities.  I went with this color because I had just gotten my Calypso Coral markers and hadn't used them much so I wanted to play with them and shading.  There's a lot of sparkle on this flower.  I had to use a non SU product to achieve all the sparkle.  I've been wanted this glitter pen for months, SU doesn't sell it (though I did email them and beg them to carry it!).  It's like an aqua painter but filled with glitter-----AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  It's called Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen.  I nearly died when I first saw it!  They sell it on Amazon, but I really, really, really want SU to carry it--PLEASE STAMPIN' UP! HEAR MY CRY!!!!  I held off for months not buying it.  My loyalty to SU is really strong.  I even tried different ways to achieve the same look, Dazzling Diamonds and Crystal Effects (it worked but it covered more than enhancing), I tried making my own glitter brush pen (an aqua painter, rubbing alcohol and dazzling diamonds is not the same), I tried brushing our Smooch Spritz over projects (this worked the best for the desired look, however it wasn't translucent enough and covered up a lot of the stamping).  I was stuck and out of ideas, finally I broke down and bought it.  I'm totally in love with it.  If you've used it and love it, please send a quick email to SU or comment on this post and help me in my cause to bring this product to our catalog!
The second flower I made at the craft weekend was a Melon Mambo one for Michelle.  This one is gorgeous!!!!  I just love it, I love the color, I love the shading, I love the sparkle I just LOVE IT!!!  For each one flower I stamped the Blended Bloom set 3 times and colored different portions of it.  Then cut it out in layers and put it all together with...what else...dimensionals!!! 
It's the perfect little gift!  I really love it!!!  I want to do a Coastal Cabana one for my desk.....though I'm seriously running out of room on my desk :)  We'll make it fit :)  Rich Razzleberry would also be sooooo pretty!!!  If you make one, send me a picture I'd love to see it!    
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: