Friday, November 7, 2014

Sparkling Wine


How stinkin' cute, pretty and sparkly are these glasses??!?!  EEEK!! I LOVE THEM!!!!  I've seen these all over Pintrest, I'm one of those people (if you haven't already figured it out) that says "I can make that for less than they're charging!" so I did!  I clicked some of the links on Pintrest for the glittered wine glasses, most of them took me to Etsy stores where people were charging $5+ per glass, plus shipping.....hmmmmmm I can do that cheaper!  I went to Target and picked up some wine glasses for only $1 each.  I already had the rest of the supplies so this project cost me a whopping $4. 
To make the glasses I covered the stems in Mod Podge then covered them in the Silver Glitter.  Let it dry, then cover with another coat, dry, and cover with another coat.  The glitter isn't going anywhere!  I know what you're thinking and yes you can wash them.  Don't put them in the dishwasher but you can hand wash them gently.  Finally for the charm on the bottom of the glass.  This was actually the hardest part.  I went to a couple 'box' stores and looked for loops or empty wine glass charms....nothing.....So I had to create my own.  I pulled out my jewelry supplies and used earring supplies (some silver pins, jump rings, beads) to create custom charms.  The snowflake charms in the Holiday Catalog worked perfectly!!!!  Last night was our demo meeting and Christmas Party.  We normally do our Christmas Party in December but have come to learn that December gets really busy and we don't have a lot of time.  We do a gift exchange where we each bring one gift and the gifts are exchanged white elephant style.  This is the gift I brought, love it!!!!  Make sure you head to my Facebook page and 'like' me.  I'll be leaving for my scrapbook weekend in just a few hours and I'll be doing LOTS of updates all weekend!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: