Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Amazing Painted Petals


I'm not a fan of Crisp Canteloupe or Calypso Coral.  Both have never been a favorite of mine.  For some reason I was drawn to these colors the other day when I sat down to stamp.  This card is the result.  Can I just say, this card is so beautiful and makes me so happy, I'm totally digging the Canteloupe and Coral colors, they're perfect on this card!!!!!  There's a lot of little details on this card which when they're all together just make an amazing card.  The doilies add just the right amount of femine touch to it, while the embossed border on the left of the flowers adds more interest to the card.  The entire front of the card is mounted on a cut and ready card base (this one is white).  I haven't been a fan of the cut and ready card bases but a couple weeks ago I made a lot of cards with white bases and went through my stash of white cardstock so fast!  I was worried I would run out of white cardstock!!!!  AAAHHHH! Could you image a worse tragedy!!!?!!  Running out of dimensionals is the only thing I can think of that's worse!  So with my last order, in addition to a major order of white cardstock I got some cut and ready bases.....I'm a believer!!  I LOVE them so much, they're soooooo convient.  I'm sold! 
The flowers on this card are so sweet, I {heart} them!  I adore the texture on them.  To get the two-toned look that they have I inked them with the lighter color then used a sponge dauber to apply some of the darker ink to the stamp.  For the flowers I just applied the darker ink to the bottom of the flowers.  For the stem I applied the darker ink around the leaves.  Soooo sooo pretty!!!  Finally to finish the card I used a little of my glitter brush pen from Amazon (SU PLEASE CARRY THIS PRODUCT!!!!).  I went over my flowers and stems, it adds the perfect amount of shine.  I hope you love this card as much as I do.
Really quick, if you haven't liked my Facebook Page make sure you do.  I've reached 130 likes so I'm doing a HUGE give away on my Facebook Page later this week.  Don't miss it!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

WOW Ruth, this card is beautiful. The doilies add just the right amount of girlie, while that stamping with both colors really makes those adorable flowers pop. Love the glitter pen...I just bought a Wink of Stella pen... LOVE IT! SU does need to carry this. Great card! Hugs