Thursday, February 19, 2015

Flowers and Leaves Thanks


Today's card is the result of what to do with spare leftover, messed up pieces on your desk.  I've debated sharing this or not, it's not my favorite card, but I love the concept and I love taking my messed up scraps and seeing what I can do with them.  I started with the flower,  I had originally stamped it in Soft Sky, I thought it needed some extra color around the edges so I 'rocked and rolled' the stamp in Island Indigo ink, then 'lined' it back up again.  I wasn't too happy with the way it stamped.  The color is mainly on the tips of the flower, which is ok, just not the look I envisioned.  So I put it aside for a few days, when I came back to it I decided to try it as more of a background and not the focal point of the card.  I used the letters framelits and cut out the word 'THANKS'.
I put a much darker color behind the cut out words, because I knew a bolder color would draw your eyes to the greeting first.  I think this flower with the 'rock and roll' technique works as a background.  When something doesn't work out as planned, I generally wait a few days before I scrap the project all together. There's always a creative way to fix it, if not it's only paper :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: