Monday, March 30, 2015

Love You More Than Chocolate


We're down to the final 5 projects from Scrapbook weekend and honestly these are my top 5 favorites....maybe ever!  I love them all so much and I really couldn't decide which order to put them in.  Just know that these 5 over the next 5 days are my all time favorite!  The first is the sweet candy bar, don't you love it!?!  When I saw this greeting from the stamp set Lovely Amazing You (it's one of the Photopolymer releases), I knew I was making a candy bar.  I didn't know it would be this elaborate though :)  There's probably a whole package of dimensionals holding this card together but that's a story for a different day ;)
I started with the squares for the chocolate.  The larger ones are 1"x1" then they're layered with a smaller 3/4"x3/4" square, all sponged in coordinating Chocolate Chip ink all attached with dimensionals.  For the wrapper I adhered some silver foil paper and some DSP back to back then I tore and crinkled it up like a candy bar.  This too is attached with dimensionals....many of them..... :)  Finally for the greeting I wanted a white greeting, in my opinion the best way to get a crisp white greeting is embossing, plus I love embossing.  This too is attached with dimensionals.  This card is really thick and would probably need a padded envelope to mail it, but it's oh so cute!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Retired Librarian said...

I thought at first that was a real chocolate bar!

Yapha said...

I love this card! I hope you don't mind that I am CASEing it for a Valentine. I will give you credit of course. And maybe use less dimensionals... :)