Friday, June 19, 2015

Hogs and Kisses

 I bet you were starting to wonder if you'd ever see anything from the new catalog.....well I had the last week of May and the first 2 1/2 weeks of June prescheduled.  I knew with our trip and all the 'getting back to reality' after a trip that blogging just wasn't going to happen.  I haven't really had a chance to stamp until earlier this week.  This is the first card I made with my first order.  The new Barnyard Babies stamp set is super cute and full of fun puns!!!!  It's sooooo me! 

I had to do some tricky work with this set to get the two piggy's to be nose to nose, more on that in a minute.  They're simply colored with our Stampin' Write markers, and I added a few Crumb Cake dots to their backs just for some added texture.  The grass is also just drawn in with the makers.  Colors used are Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz and Cucumber Crush.  The heart has a nice coat of Crystal Effects on it for some added shine.
To get my piggy's nose to nose I used a window sheet.  Work quickly, I was stamping with Staz On because I didn't want my black to bleed into the Pink Marker, but if you're using another kind of ink you won't have to work nearly as quickly.  The Staz On will dry on the window sheet, water based inks won't.  It's easy to do.  I stamped one pig on the window sheet then quickly flipped it over and pressed firmly so that it transfered from the window sheet onto the cardstock.
You won't get a perfect impression but you can fix that later.  After the image was colored I went over it with a Project Life pen (these pens are awesome ya'll).  My final card has nice crisp black outlines.  There's always a way :)  There you have it, reverse stamping, I'll probably make all my animals kiss now ;) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: