Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Long Skinny Box

I love making boxes.  I don't always have something to do with them but I love making them.  Our cardstock is so nice and thick, it works great to make sturdy boxes.  When I saw this box on Sam's blog I just had to try it out.  There was no cutting, no gluing, just score and fold!!!  How ingenious!!!  I was intrigued!  So I made one, the one I made that followed her measurements is the larger Night of Navy one.  Really fun but big!  I wanted to get 2 per sheet of paper so with a few modifications I came up with the smaller one.    
I do love the big one, but since I had it in my head I was going to make 30 of them and I needed to fill them for my class, the smaller one was the way to go.  I'll leave the measurements for the smaller one down below.  Make sure to check out Sam's blog for the assembly process.  The smaller one is done the exact same way as the larger one.  They're really easy, once you do 30 you can do them blindfolded....probably....maybe.....  
The smaller one holds 4 Hershey's nuggets perfectly.  To make the smaller one you'll need a 5 3/8x8 1/2 piece of paper.  On the 8 1/2 inch side score at 1 and 7 1/2.  On the 5 3/8 side score at 1, 2 1/8, 3 1/4 and 4 3/8.  Remember to check out Sam's tutorial for the instructions on assembly.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!  

No comments: